Saturday, May 06, 2006

"Time, Ladies and Gentlemen"

As the Chair Umpire announces the end of the break, and the start of the final nailbiting game to decide the Champion at the 2006 Lawn Tennis Championships at the All England Lawn Tennis Club at Wimbledon, little does he realize that the chain of events that led to that last game began on the sunny morning of May 7 2006. On this day, a brave group of souls from an august institution set out on a journey with 40000 other heroic beings, to raise awareness on the most acute of all human miseries - hunger!
*end*
I hate to leave you dangling, but I trust you will find the thread connecting the two events (pun intended)!!
My Walk was not as body a-aching and mind a-numbing as I thought it would turn out. It helps if you are walking with a wonderful person who has just completed the Boston Marathon and can tell you the hows and whens of stretching and resting. F also shared some of her Marathon secrets, kept me smiling throughout the journey and *poof* 20 miles were over!!! J joined us halfway, and she is also a bright beam of sunshine (not that we needed the sun - it was a glorious day for walking!) and tons of fun to walk the walk!
F, J and I didnt bring our walk sheet; so at each of the 8 checkpoints, we had the back of our hands "checked off". the results are the for you to see



On a different note, I tried my hand at Salsa last week and found out that my mind, body, and mouth do not communicate with one another, leave alone the need for coordination!!! I have decided that I prefer the Jalapeno variety!!

No comments: