Wednesday, July 06, 2005

The King and I


The King Lives!

All puns in this, and other, post(s) are intentional. If you find that they trigger involuntary laughter, you are advised to visit this post aften
Yet-another-good-friend-who-will-not-be-named-in-the-interests-of-privacy suggested that I put this fotooo online.
I call this story - "A Fall from Graceland". At the risk of Rodin turning cartwheels in his grave, I will sub-title it "The Alternative Thinking Man" (Thank you, my-friend-who-I-have-not-named)
There was once a famous King, holding center stage in a busy shopping area in one corner of a southern city in one corner of the middle eastern part of the world. The King impressed all who passed by, with his wisdom and impeccable potty manners! He crooning voice resulted in an epidemic where people experienced wobbly knees and had to sit down. The people who could stand His Benevolence were lauded for their resolve, in the face of art murder. Other less resolute just avoided travelling on that route.
One day, there came a tumultous uprising. The people of the Republic voted to consign the King and his Greatness to a discrete invisible corner of the same busy shopping area in one corner of a southern city in one corner of the middle eastern part of the world. His supporters protested, but to no avail. The King had lost his Seat! Driven to a life of negelct and inconsiderate birds, the King was glad that atleast some of his supoprters were flush with loyalty to keep him clean.
While wandering through the urban jungle of this busy shopping area in one corner of a southern city in one corner of the middle eastern part of the world, I parted some the overhanging branches and voil`a, the King was revealed for what he was - The Pot at the end of the rainbow! I wasted not a moment, and here lies recorded, 'my page of History'. Dr Dents, I presume!

Disclaimer: The body in front of the King belongs to me and solely me. I claim no copyrights to the "King", who is the property of a Ceramics company in this southern city in one corner of the middle eastern part of the world
If the foliage obstructs your view, you are informed that the "sculpture" is of a man, crown on the head, jeans bundled aroung his ankles, seated on an unseen object, reading.... "Infer what Ye will"

12 comments:

Vidya said...

Showed this pic to my little one and she goes "uncle potty- poopoo"

now this pic will go down as an acceptable potty training aid!

How many folks' privacy are you trying to protect? There's only one, he-who's-privacy-is-worth-protecting!

Denish said...

Heyyyyyyy!
Who is the "Uncle potty poopoo"
Not me I hope?

Taz Snow said...

Oooooooooohhhhh Kooooochiepie!!!
:oD

Taz Snow said...

Why am I the Snow Queen??! Wot and all that?!

Vidya said...

in Aditi-talk, that means, uncle is sitting on potty doing poopoo... uncle here being the the person i the photograph actualyl sitting on the potty.. not that amazingly handsome dude in the pic :D

i want a DENTI-hug!

Anonymous said...

Hey Dents...
Came here via my sitemeter! :)

And I like the url.. curd rice! :) It is one of my favorite things... :)

Nice page you got here.. I'll be back for more... and LOL @ uncle potty poopoo! :))

Vidya said...

WHY AREN'T YOU BLOGGING?? i want more pics... lots more pics! post some pics of 'the-one-and-only-you-know-who'... long time no see that mug :p

Taz Snow said...

"Where, O Where has the little boy gone? Where, O Where could he be?"

Denish said...

little boy got back from the Jerusalem Film Festival... J'salem is lovely...he's is heading out to a beach on the mediterranean coast... will update blog once I get back, all tanned and all
Like I require more tanning! :-)

Taz Snow said...

You better have some nice pics when you get back. And hope you got some good ones at the film festival.

Want to see what attakari-militarycut Dents looks like ; I will not stand for Nat Geo, I tell you!! :oD

Vidya said...

tanned?? be careful.. don't you get sunburned... sunburns in certain sensitive places an hurt like the Hades... i of course, am referring to the skin showing in the scalp.. wehre there used to be hair :p

what ahppened to the 'handwritten' note you promised me??

send me an email with the id that he-who-is-remarkably-private checks most often

Anonymous said...

Update! Update!

Please show pictures of the beautiful land where you are travelling. Your stories are inspirational to all of us still at home!

MJ