Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Parties, Gita, et al

My friend, M and I had left a Tufts party at 11.00 PM. We reached Central Square at 11.40. We were on our way to another party! (Did I mention that I was going to spend this semester enjoying curricular and extra-curricular activities?)
We reached the house where the second party was to be held and found, to our consternation, a silent party-animals-less house! (Two days later I was to find out that we had been standing in front of the wrong building, staring bleary eyed at a complete stranger's house!)
M and I decided to walk the few miles to our respective houses, catching up on what we had done this summer.
Notable among our discussions was the origin of religion and the concept of god; our perceptions on our religions and how we view other religions.
I started out on the Vedas, the Bhagwad Gita, the Ramayana and the Mahabharata... not as much trying to explain where these stories are from as trying to understand how they have influenced my perceptions (This at 12.30 AM on a saturday morning!). I thought back to the week before where a good friend of mine, D, read out the "Opulence of the Absolute", a chapter in the Bhagwad Gita.
This chapter came into my mind when trying to explain my vision of God to M.
M, if you are reading this, these links might make what I said a wee bit clearer, though you have to make allowances for the hour of the night when i said what i said!! More when we meet again.
D, Thanks. I am sure you will take a dekko at this page, someday, when you are not enjoying a refreshing cold beer on a hot day; then again, even when you are!

9 comments:

Taz Snow said...

Speaking of dear friends reading out from the Gita, I still have that tape from the Howlers (who were anything BUT Harmonious!!!)

Denish said...

i think you should CD it and send it to the various band members!

Denish said...

And dont forget the Groupies, who couldn't sing either!

Taz Snow said...

Awww....I LOVED the Groupies! ;o)

Anonymous said...

Who the hell are you guys talking about man?? Am very lost now!!!

Denish said...

hey you, still-not-being-named-?
the CD that is a confluence of melody and screech! Recorded in Mysore, set in Mysore, still in Mysore... followed by a bunch of T-shirts

Vidya said...

oh yes... that was some tape... golly, do we still sound totally daft?

Taz Snow said...

Totally!

Vidya said...

i thought the ages would make us sound wise... plenty wise...